Castelo Rodrigo Branco
|Wijnproducent||Adega Castelo Rodrigo|
|Naam wijn||Castelo Rodrigo Branco|
|Wijnstreek||D.O.C. Beira Interior|
|Druivenrassen||Síria 60% en Malvasia Fina 40%|
|Klimaat||Mediterraan landklimaat met warme zomers en strenge winters.|
|Bodemsoort||Graniet en leisteen|
|Beschrijving||Elegante, frisse, fruitige wijn met tonen van citrus en groene appel in de smaak. Een evenwichtige afronk met een vleugje noten.|
|Wijn & Spijs||Lekker bij witte asperges, zuurkool en geitenkaas.|
|Smaakprofiel||Fris & fruitig|
|Bewaarpotentieel||De wijn is op dronk.|
Adega Cooperativa de Figueira de Castelo RodrigoAt the foot of the Sierra Marofa, between the valleys of the rivers Coa and Agueda, which flow into the Douro River International and neighbor, is located in Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo, a village of winemaking tradition where they produce high quality wines.
It was around the twelfth century the Cistercian monks who inhabited the Convent of Santa Maria de Aguiar and his knowledge, the region began in the vineyard and winemaking.
Today, the Adega Cooperativa de Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo is assumed as the heir of Knowledge and Art. Founded in 1956 by 154 members, currently has 800.
Annually and an average of Adega Cooperativa de Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo receives approximately 8.5 million kg of grapes, giving a production of about 6.5 million liters of wine of which about 55% white and the remaining 45% red.
Our Adega Cooperativa belongs to the demarcated region of Beira Interior, sub-region of Castelo Rodrigo. This sub-region is characterized by a climate Continental / Mediterranean, with soils that prevail shales and sandstones.
The predominant varieties are in the case of white grapes: Malvasia Fina and Syria and in the case of grapes: the Maruf, the Rufete, Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Tinta Roriz.
They have always been created and over the years, wines of undeniable as confirmed by the considerable number of awards obtained, both nationally and internationally for our Adega Cooperativa.